Saturday, September 4, 2010

hello life!

it's been ages since i last blogged and now i think i'm ready to give it some quality time.  My colleague and best guy pal, dr. ted macaraeg, has been talking incessantly about blogging and how we could get some dough out of it, but i have been reluctant.  First, i seem to lack material - inspiration - to write about, not like when i was actively blogging 2 years ago.  Second, it's just not really me - writing for money.  I write because i have lots of things in mind which i'd like to dish out, whether to be read by others or not.

Cool layout, right? Ooops, i should say, HOT layout, with the flames and all.  I fell in love with it the first time i saw it.  I have been facinated by fire since childhood, i don't like water.  If i'd be able to bend an element i bet it's going to be fire :)  Plus i have always associated myself with anime characters with fire elements on their side: Sasuke Uchiha, Hiei (the awesome black flame dragon), Tasuki of Fushigi Yuugi, to name some.  Let's just say, given the opportunity, i would play with fire not to the extent that i'd burn of course.

Speaking of anime, i have been thinking of a theme for my blogs, and one that keeps popping up is the psyche behind anime characters and stories.  I don't claim to be an expert in psychoanalysis, but i would try my best to put some psychological explanation to some of the behaviors of your favorite anime.  Well, I'd do that as soon as i get the inspiration.

Today I have accomplished two things that i like to do best: reading and watching anime.  I finished Bob Ong's Stainless Longganisa, a pocketbook i got for my birthday.  I would never buy Bob Ong books even if i find it in booksale, but you see I own three titles - all gifts.  Personally i think it's a ho-humm compared to his first 3 books.  What i like about him is that he doesn't really care what readers say about his works, what matters is that he is able to write what's on his mind.  I'd like to hold on to that lovely philosophy too, if Mr. Ong won't mind.

I have also finished Yu Yu Hakusho anime (for the 4th time).  Last night i saw Yusuke's fight with Sensui.  Watching it made me research on Multiple personality disorder which will be the topic of my 2nd blog.

But now i have to gather materials to make that post more credible. SLEEP MODE.

No comments:

Post a Comment